We believe in the power of the internet. The BlackSmithBlades was established in 2008, Now the beginning of the web’s popularity, to utilize the tremendous resources of the internet to bring to the public the most information about, and access to, the largest selection of cutlery related products anywhere. In addition, we attempt to offer the best prices and the very best service possible. That is our goal and your business and compliments tell us how we are doing.
We are now in the midst of our third decade on the internet. We were the first web site selling production Handmade knives like Hunting, Tracker, Bowie, Chef, Buck, pocket and also swords and Axe and we are still the internet resource for all things related to cutlery, shaving Rozars. We are the original on-line catalog of cutlery, created in 2004, and this is the largest catalog of its kind anywhere.
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO
How we do this.
01. Plates of 1095 High Carbon and Nickel 40N43 are laid out
02. We stack the plates and tack weld them together to keep them in place
03. Next, the stack is heated in the forge until its glowing orange or close to melting point
04. Then, the stack is taken over to the hammer and forged together
05. The billet is then profiled/cut in the soft state
06. Heat-treating (the most important step of the process):
We first preheat the furnace to 1500o F and place the profiled blade in the furnace and monitor the thermocouples to climb back to 1500F and let it soak for 5 mins. The blade is immediately quenched in oil. The blade is tempered at 400 deg F twice for 1 hr each.
07. Grinding from low to high grit wheels to achieve the fine surface finish and polish. Depending on the style and shape of the blade the grind and polishing can take many more hours, but from start to finish it generally takes at least 30hr to finish a knife.
08. The leather is formed and traced to fit the knife like a glove. We use quality and high gauge cowhide.
- Construction 82% 82%
- Innovation 69% 69%
- Planning 86% 86%